Tuesday, February 27, 2018

SAB 2018: Lots of Lavender

Earlier this month some of us stampers attended the Binghamton Shoebox Swap*.  It's a fun day of stamping and gabbing and eating.  And I participated in a no-sentiment note card swap.


I used Freshly Made Sketches #322 for this one, and I chose to watercolor the lavender rather than using the fill stamps that came with the set.  You know, because I like to make things difficult for myself.  No, the real reason is that I like the irregular look of watercolor, but I didn't have time to go crazy with the shading though.

This is a great design, with lots of fun layers, so I decided to use it for March's stamp club as well.  Members can add a sentiment as they might need it, inside or out.

Stamps: Lots of Lavender; Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Color Me Irresistible DSP; Ink: Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Old Olive, Basic Black; Accessories: Fresh Fig 1/8" Sheer Ribbon, Delicate White Doilies, Banner Punch, Aquapainter, Layered Squares Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

*You can find local events like these on Splitcoaststampers, and in fact I'm hosting one on March 17 in Millbrook, NY.  Join us!!



No comments: