Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where Are All the Moose?

We recently came back from our annual trip to the family cabin in Quebec.  It takes about 14 hours to get there... it is WAY up there.  But the quiet and privacy can't be beat!

So once I got home, there was back-to-school, stamp club, and a shoebox swap.  I had to get some stamping done up there.  Here's my horrible view while crafting, including some visits from the hummingbirds.

This is the ATC I created to swap and share.  I was definitely in the Canadian mood with this one.  Although, all the years I've been going up there (all my life, my grandparents built the cabin), I have never seen a moose. 

Stamps: Pines, Nature Silhouettes; Paper: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White; Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Early Espresso marker; Accessories: Brayer, White gel pen, Circle punch, Post-it Notes.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Soozie4Him said...

Heidi, I LOVE your moose! I have a daughter who LOVES moose and I'm sending this to her to see! I'm sure she'd love it if I made more cards with my Pines stamp set! You must've been WAY up north in Quebec! It sounds lovely! Did you brayer or sponge your backgrounds? I must say I'm better at sponging, but from your grid paper, it looks like you might've used your brayer!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
moot96 AT aol DOT com
(I don't use my gmail address)

Wendie Waldman said...

Love your card, and your comments. The elusive moose! We spent 6 summers in West Yellowstone and never saw a bull moose (saw a couple of cows and calves in the park), in spite of many great moose hunts! They're incredible animals, and your depiction with him in the water is great. My parents lived in Quebec for 3 years and loved every minute of it. They never saw a moose either.

Ms said...

what a stunning card.... I absolutely loved it... thank you for sharing your creativity

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Quebec has so many gorgeous wild spaces and yours looks like one of them. Your card is beautiful. We have lots of moose here in NB ;)