Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mmmm... Warm Cocoa and Gingerbread!

While playing along with Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoaststampers, I was inspired to make a hot drink card... which reminded me of Ann Schach's cocoa and gingerbread card, with the perfect color combo!

I didn't go so crazy as Ann does with the pearls.  In fact, there is none - eek!  I found out how hard it really was to get all the little details right.  I couldn't even get the half details I used perfect.  *sigh*


This is a thank you card that sat on my desk until the perfect sentiment was delivered by Mr. Brown (thanks again, Ann!  :/)

So this card uses Pals Paper Arts Challenge #146

and Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #60.

Stamps: Scentsational Season, Winter Memories; Paper: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Vellum, Fan Fair DSP; Ink: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip marker; Accessories: 2-1/2" Circle punch, Circle Scissors Plus, Square Lattice embossing folder, Holiday Collection framelits, Petal Cone die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Then I came upon this week's Color Throwdown, and I made the card again with those colors.



Funny how browns and blues make me think of either chocolate or hot cocoa or coffee, and it seems so with some of the DT's samples as well.

Stamps: Scentsational Season, Affection Collection, Elementary Elegance; Paper: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Island Oasis DSP, Candlelight Christmas DSP, Vellum; Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise marker, Early Espresso marker; Accessories: Dazzling Details, Square Lattice EF, Snow Burst EF, Holiday Collection framelits, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

These make me realize that I need to get this bundle before it's gone! I love both color schemes!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

I found you on Pinterest and these are fabulous. I thought for sure you would have many comments ... ugg, just don't understand. Come visit me!

Thank you for all the cute inspiration.

xo, Marian Garcia
studiombymarian