Monday, September 24, 2012

Scrappy Monday: No Training Wheels

You thought I was done with my photobooks, right?  Well, I am (phew!).  But I have the MDS2 bug for sure!  I'm excited that they are posting weekly challenges on mydigitalstudio.net each Saturday, and I plan to keep playing along.  I already had a page for this past week's challenge, so now what?  Well, on the Splitcoaststampers demo side, they have monthly Creative Crew challenges, which include a scrapbook challenge.  So there I went.

This one is a "recipe" challenge, to include a bunch of elements (the recipe) plus three colors.  Hmmm, now I need a good layout, and then I usually pick a photo based on the feel of the colors and layout.  I recently saved a traditional scrapbook layout by Joe Shien Shien that I wanted to recreate, which was a super fun challenge in MDS.

MDS Elements: Stamps: Oh Splat, Timeless, Rough Type, Days to Remember overlay; Papers: Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Autumn Spice DSP, Love Letter DSP; Color Palette: Pacific Point, Old Olive, More Mustard, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Limited Edition ledger (recolored), Get It Done graph paper, Travel Journal cloud, Pacific Point taffeta trimmings, Party Animals pennants (recolored), Downtown Grunge frame, Baja Breeze baker's twine, Old Olive button, Mis-stitched; Font: 1942 Report. 

My Project 52 totals: Week 39, pages 68.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: