Monday, August 27, 2012

Scrappy Monday: Playful Polka Dots

I've been resisting the Simply Scrappin' Kit Playful Polka Dots since it was in the Summer mini  in 2011 and then available as a MDS download kit.  But, it is now 31% off through September 14, plus it was the perfect compliment for some Easter pages.  So why not?

Do you agree with me that these papers and colors are just yummy?  I'm totally going with kits in the future... so easy to coordinate papers and embellishments for quick pages.

I used Alesha's layouts ScrapSketch49 and ScrapSketch51 on mydigitalstudio.net for the photo arrangements and Sketchy Thursday's 3.10.11 double-page layout for the background.

MDS Elements: Stamps: Just Add Cake Alphabet; Papers: Playful Polka Dots; Color Palette: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red; Embellishments: Button Latte, White baker's twine, Playful Polka Dots kit.

I've started to play with the Freeform option of MDS2.  Found under the Design Center, here you can color line art images with a brush or draw your own lines.

Here I inserted a circle into my project, adjusted it into an oval, and then attached my text to the shape.  Pretty fun!  This page uses Sketchy Thursday sketch 1.28.10.  Watch the advanced training videos for step-by-step instructions.  Make sure you have the latest updates to your MDS2 software to make sure all the options work correctly.

MDS Elements: Papers: Just Add Cake; Color Palette: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Whisper White; Accessories: Library clip, Baja Breeze grosgrain knot, Very Vanilla zig-zag stitching; Font: 2Peas Goofball.

And I wanted to share with you a page I put together for Little Missy's 4th birthday.  It is a double-page layout, but I'll share the first page here.


I was "scrap-lifting" a page I found on the internet, and I was so pleased with how adorable it came out! 

MDS Elements: Stamps: Natural Composition Overlay, Bunch of Backgrounds, Perfectly Preserved; Papers: Pinwheels on Parade, Woodland Walk; Color Palette: Summer Starfruit, Night of Navy, Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede; Embellishments: Button Latte, Early Espresso baker's twine, Staple & Stitching; Font: Old English Text MT.

My Project 52 totals: Week 35, pages 48.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: