Thursday, November 5, 2009

Holiday Tutorial Blitz is Here... and Some Challenge Cards

Hi Everyone! If you are not a regular visitor to SplitCoastStampers, well, why not?? I'm a little late, but I just found the Holiday Tutorial Blitz, going on November 1 - 8. They also have links to tutorials from the previous years' Holiday Blitzes. So let's get cracking, People! :)

Ok, now for some cards to share. I've been working my way through some interesting challenges that I have found over the past weeks.

This was a VSN challenge called "Pass the Chips". It requires using paint chips (paint sample cards you get at the paint store or big box store) on your card. Most cards are pretty glossy, and some of the fancy paint samples have textured surfaces, so they are pretty cool for cards!

This was a "Ways to Use It" challenge called "Patched Up". I was copying a quilt my mom made for me called the Honey Bee.

This was another VSN challenge called "Spice Up Your Life". This card uses actual spices - I made Jamaican Curry Powder and Cayenne Pepper paint. I have also wanted to try the In Colors together for a Southwestern feel, so the Southwestern block pattern layout was a must. Those little squares and triangles are harder to place than you think! Tweezers were involved!

The next challenge was Lyssa's (GWTWJunkie) demo challenge, a "Wiggle Card". I thought things that fly for Halloween was perfect for this one.

The flying objects are held on with thin strips of acetate.

A better view of the flying objects against the fence.

Another "Ways to Use It" challenge using leaves. This card also uses Dawn Griffith's Window Card layout. This is a CASE of s1itcher46's card.

Here is a card I finished up this evening.... well, not really a card. It is based on a Mailable 3-D Card challenge, but the tree is so beautiful, I don't want to fold it up. I made this project permanently 3-D so I could use it as Thanksgiving decor.

I used the new O Christmas Tree pop-up die to create the Thanksgiving tree out of Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper. The tree skirt is made from the Scallop #2 die and Circle Scissors Plus.

Here is a close-up look of the acorns in the Thanksgiving tree.

And here you can see the pheasant is standing up with the help of a thin strip of acetate.

Details for all cards are in my SCS gallery. Thanks for looking!

No comments: