Friday, July 31, 2009

Swaps and Scrapbooks

Single layer cards are suppose to be easy and quick. So why I am spending so much time mulling over the design? I have made 13 designs on scrap paper with 7 different stamp sets. I think I have finally settled on one.

I am attempting a sepia look here. I used Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Bravo Burgundy, and More Mustard ink, Backwoods stamp set, Big Shot Topnote die mask, and sponging. Single layer cards come out most elegant with realistic nature stamp sets. What do you think?

And I have been killing myself to get 50 cards done for the "WOW" swap.

I have changed the design several times, ordered and cut more cardstock, and even was cutting and folding down at the beach in Canada. Ha! I love stamping outside! So here is it... drum roll please...

This is a squash card.

And this is how it opens. Tutorial can be found here.

And here is the pile of them (with Little Liesl in the background... helping, of course!). Funny how I ended up with the same stamp set for both swaps... hmmm...
Stamps: Backwoods; Paper: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango DSP; Ink: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango; Accessories: Soft Suede ribbon, sponges, Texture Plates Kit #4, Big Shot.

And we had scrapbook camp last night. Here are the couple pages we made; they came out really cute!

Stamp set: Nursery Necessities

Stamp set: Choo Choo plus coordinating Right on Track wheel. The letters were made with the Big Shot and Go-Go Boots alphabet.

Whew! That was a lot to show. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: