Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Retiring Sets Mega Hop! Hope you enjoy your stay!! The blog hop will feature some of the different stamp sets that are retiring June 30. The full retirement list can be found here.
If you have been following the blog hop in order you've just seen Krystal's post featuring Good Friend. I have stamped samples from the set Game Night (and a bit of Card Games) for you. I bought these sets because I thought they were fun, and I haven't really given them a good go yet. What a perfect opportunity!
Game Night Poker Card - Well, of course the first thing you think of when you see the Game Night set is Las Vegas. I created a square card simulating a poker table. Hmmm, but you don't use dice in poker. You can tell I don't gamble much! :) I texturized the Garden Green cardstock to simulate the felt table.
Stamps: Card Games, Game Night; Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Real Red; Accessories: White embossing powder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label punch, Topnote die, Background I texturz plate, Big Shot, Dimensionals.
High Roller ATC - I have a shoebox swap this weekend, so why not use this set for the swap too?
Instead of texturizing the Garden Green cardstock, I actually used the felted cardstock technique. Come back on Monday, where I will describe the technique. The Jackpot DSP is perfectly paired with the set, but unfortunately I didn't have any. :( I printed some poker chips off the internet and made custom poker chips by gluing two additional layers of coordinating colored cardstock. You can do the same with the DSP and 1/2" circle punch. Isn't that easier? It's retiring June 30, so make sure you grab some to coordinate with these sets.
Family Game Night - Here is a collection of cards created with Game Night, representing several different board games. Recreating games played as a child in card form is really fun! You can click the photo to get a closer view. Join me next week for a closer look at these cards and all supplies used.
Playing the Slots - And finally a slot machine made out of a 2-4-6-8 box using Brushed Silver cardstock. Super fun (and my daughter is trying to get to the gold coins)! More info on this one next week.
Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Tanya has created for you.
_<< PREVIOUS BLOG _________________ NEXT BLOG >>
The complete blog hop listing:
1. Sarah (willsygirl) -- Scary Skeleton
2. Holly P (HollyLogic) -- Holy Triptych
3. Linda (lindakeal) -- Holiday Blitz
4. Lisa (LisaMNaples) -- Together Forever
5. Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Refuge & Strength
6. Betty (kittystamp) -- A Kind Word
7. Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Owl Together Now
8. Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Best wishes and more
9. Heather (hcarnes) -- Enjoy Every Moment
10. Holly K (catrules) -- Hoppy for You
11. Debra (WebDeb) -- Nursery Necessities
12. Carmen -- Just Baseball, Just Basketball, and Just Soccer13. Melissa B (Pink Punky Stamper) -- Just Jawing
14. Barbara (cre8tivestamper) -- Bloomin' Beautiful
15. Yapha -- A Rose is A Rose
16. Kim (sl1tcher) -- Bella's Bloom
17. Cindy (CindyE) -- Spring Song
18. Cheryl (lovetostampandscrap) -- Embrace Life
19. Rhonda (rhondag) -- A Beautiful Thing
20. Jennifer (jentimko) -- Garden Whimsy
21. Joyce (Broncomom) -- Le Jardin Botanique
22. Krystal (skdeleeuw) -- Good Friend
23. Heidi (hlw966) -- Game Night
24. Tanya (tanya27) -- Wanted
25. Melina (Melina Stamps!) -- Only Ovals
26. Jason (stampindad) -- One of a Kind
27. Melissa H (Melissa) -- Very Thankful
Thanks for stopping by!
- Paper Pumpkin
- Free Project PDF
- Stampy Resume
- Join Us!