Sunday, June 13, 2010

Loving the New Vintage Stuff!

I'm writing this blog post on Sunday morning, er, I mean afternoon. After a super fun day at the shoebox swap, I got an extra special treat to stop by Waywayanda State Park and hammer out 1 and 1/2 laps of the race course. Holy rock gardens, Batman! One bear sighting, 25 yards away and luckily running away from me! Below is a cool mushroom I stopped to photograph. To give you perspective on how big the mushroom is, you can see the large beetle sitting on it in the second picture.

Today I've got some time to sit down and play with my new catalog preorder stuff. I grabbed the sketch from Mojo Monday

and color combo challenge from Pals Paper Arts.

So the colors are old, but the stamp images are new.

I used my spritzer tool to spray the main images. I also inked up the raised portion of the new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, prior to running it through the Big Shot, with Whisper White craft ink to give a soft highlight to the design. The lace ribbon comes from Ribbon Originals Dress Up (retired). Here's a secret: there is two styles of lace coming in the new catalog! Yeah! I love the new vintage items in the new catalog!! Come to my open house in July to come play with me... but I digress.

This is a birthday card for my sis, which I need to get into the mail tout de suite. Don't look, Kris!

Stamps: Artistic Etchings; Paper: Naturals White, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White; Ink: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip marker, So Saffron marker; Accessories: 1-3/4" Circle punch, Eyelet border punch, Coluzzle, Dress Up ribbon, Spritzer tool, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love seeing the new images! Great job with the challenge colors - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card for the 2 challenges. This card is very 'Shelli' with the spritzing, and colours. Love it!

Karen said...

I love what you're doing with that die! Does it clean well? Lovely!!

Heidi Baks said...

Karen, I just washed the embossing folder with a toothbrush and a bit of soap - no problem-o!