Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Stamp Review Crew: Merry Cafe

Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop: Inspiring you one stamp set at a time

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This week we are highlighting samples made with the Holiday Catalog set Merry Cafe, which coordinates with the Coffee Cups framelits.  If you are following the hop in order, you have just arrived from the lovely Karen Gooch's blog.

Since we just moved into the farm house a week ago, I'll take a short cut and share with you the first card I made with this set. 

Stampin' Up Merry Cafe
This card uses CAS Colours & Sketches #325.


Stamps: Merry Cafe; Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso; Accessories: Linen Thread, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, Coffee Cups Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot.

How about a quick and easy teacher or neighbor gift?  I made some packaging to hold a couple Starbucks VIA coffee packets.

Using the Envelope Punch Board, start with a 5 x 5" piece of card stock, punch and score at 2". Rotate CCW, and punch and score at 3". Repeat again on the last two sides at 2" and 3".  The rope trim is bulky, so I glued a card stock die-cut coffee cup to the back of the patterned paper and doubled up on the Dimensionals to raise the height.

Crud, I realize the rope trim is retired, and I should have grabbed for the jute twine.  Just pretend please... it's in that packed ribbon box somewhere...  The first casualty of the move.  Sorry!

Stamps: Merry Cafe; Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP; Ink: Lemon-Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, Early Espresso; Accessories: Kraft Rope Trim, Envelope Punch Board, Coffee Cups Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Here's an old pic of the farm.  It's a little overgrown and hairy right now and going to take a bit to get it looking beautiful again.  It was vacant for a while, so we have some cobwebs and long and rotting grass.  Is my Halloween decorating already done?  Need a bunch of tree trimming to get the sun in again.  Lots of potential; we've got lots to keep us busy.

Hop on over to the fabulous Linda Callahan's blog to see what fun projects she has put together with this week's set.

 

15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card with the pop of color against the neutral background! And I love the little treat! But as for that farm....wowza....beautiful!

Yapha Mason said...

Great projects, Heidi! I love your little coffee packet and that first card is absolutely lovely! I love the embossed leaf background.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love your projects, Heidi! That little treat holder is adorable! Love your farm! Happy settling in!

Kelly Kent said...

Great projects Heidi! Love the envelope packaging - super cute & a great gift idea! Kelly x

Tanya Boser said...

Beautiful card, and lovely teacher's gift! Congratulions of the farm :)

~amy~ said...

Love your pretty projects.
Your farm is wonderful! How exciting!

Charlet Mallett said...

Darling! Love both of these projects!!! And your farm is amazing.

Unknown said...

Pretty projects! Your farm looks beautiful!

Cindy said...

Love both projects (those fussy-cut leaves are the perfect touch!). And I gotta say, I have a serious case of barn envy here! :D

Natalie Lapakko said...

Three cheers for Crumb Cake! You and I used very similar colors on our cards today, I guess great minds think alike? Your card turned out super cute! I also had that exact DSP sheet sitting ready to go as I was crafting, but didn't end up using it - so I'm glad you did!

Ann Schach said...

Two absolutely adorable creations, Heidi! The card is so clean and cute! AND I can't wait to give the treat holder a go! Love the farmstead, by the way!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Heidi! Love the leaf background on the card for the added texture and using the envelope punch board for the treat wrap is a great idea! Congratulations on your new home!

Mike said...

Okay, so I loved your first creation with the leaves background. Then I saw the Via in your second creation and I thought "Now why didn't I think of that! Georgeous!

Karin Barry said...

I don't see a way to follow your blog...

Heidi Baks said...

@ Karin B - on the right hand margin, 3rd section, you can find some "socialize" icons. The first two are to follow by email or follow in a web browser reader. There is also a Bloglovin' icon, if you prefer to follow along there.