Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fabric Scissors Holder & Retired List Blowout Sale

I have to confess.  I have been hoarding Stampin' Up fabric, and I am just overflowing with it.  I've always want to hold a fabric class, but I am surely not an expert.  And there is a logistical issue of everyone needing a sewing machine.  Hence, it never seemed to happen.  Maybe someday...

In the meantime, I have fabric volume to reduce, and I always make a club appreciate gifts at the end of the season.  This task was hanging over my head, and I wasn't sure how I would find the time to do it.  The day before club, I finally got going, and it wasn't too bad.

This is my prototype, using the video instructions from Laura Milligan.  I found that adding the felt in the middle of the fabric sandwich, on top of needing twice as much fabric adhesive, made the holder too thick for my taste.  I opted for just adhering two pieces of fabric together.

Reducing the amount of fabric adhesive saved me a trip to the fabric store.  Then the assembly line work began... cutting, ironing, Big Shotting, sewing, threading, gluing...  Whew!  It was a sweat shop in here for a while, and my sewing machine was fighting me the whole way.  But I did it!

Wouldn't you know it... Missy asked for one too.  I used her fabric and the last of my fabric adhesive to squeeze out one more.

Supplies: Candy Cane Christmas & Springtime Vintage designer fabric, Candy Cane Christmas & Springtime Vintage buttons, White baker's twine, Petal Cone die, Fun Flowers die, Big Shot, Fabric adhesive.


Get excited! Starting TODAY, we will be offering a 25% - 50% discount on many of the retiring products. Act fast, as this special offer is only available until June 4, 2014. If you missed out on a product the first time, this is your last chance to get it before it's gone for good!

Retiring Lists:

No comments: