Wednesday, January 29, 2014

MDSM51 Snowflake Kisses ~ I'm a Guest Blogger!

I'm a wee bit late with posting this week's MDS Monday challenge page because it is also the page I submitted for a guest post on the mydigitalstudio.net blog!  How awesome that they asked me to make some projects!  It really makes me feel good that my work has been noticed.  :)

Here's the sketch that Holly gave us, with an additional challenge to use some stitching.

I started off with the sketch (I swear!), and it morphed into something different, but still fun.  I think it isn't too hard to still see the sketch.

I started with the Homestyle Goodies download, which has such fun snowflakes and sentiments.  I love the colors too, but that wasn't working for my photos.  Thank goodness for recoloring!

You can't recolor a paper-filled punch shape directly, so I added the patterned paper layer (using the left-side margin tool, Add as Page Layer) to a separate page, recolored, exported as a jpeg, and imported as a photo into my punch shape on the current page.  More on this on the blog post.  I also used the Crop and Coloring Tools on the sentiments to rearrange the words in a line.

MDS Elements: Stamps:  Homestyle Goodies, This And That Make Note, Game Day - splatter 2; Paper: Very Vanilla Textured, Homestyle Goodies DSP, recolored Melon Mambo and Gumball Green; Accessories:  Whisper White - Stitching Straight,  Delightful Digital Tape 3 - crumb cake,  Basic Pearls and Rhinestones - rhinestone small, Snowday Woodcuts - 3. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

What great pictures! I love the aspect of just seeing the skis...great idea. The colors your picked are perfect to highlight the ones in your pictures. This is just a great page all around. Love the title too.

hollybeary creations said...

Love how you altered the sketch.. I really like all the elements you added.