Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hooray for New Stamps!

The new Occasions Seasonal Catalog has started - woohoo!  I always love shedding the dark winter colors and pulling out the fresh spring ones!

I am a mathematical girl at heart, and I have always loved geometric shapes.  And geometry, for that matter, although algebra and calculus are my favorite.  Partial differential equations are just a pain, don't you think?  I digress.  :)  The Geometrical stamp set really drew me in.  I created this card for the Control Freaks online swap.

How did I get the nice, clear inking on the sentiment?  Well, I cut my stamp apart so I could use ink pads rather than markers.  She did what?!

I saw this trick online somewhere.  If you leave some zigzag edges, you can easily fit the stamp back together to use as one complete image again.

Stamps: Geometrical; Paper: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay; Accessories: White baker's twine, Basic Metal button, Triangle punch, Arrows EF, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: