Friday, August 16, 2013

FM123 Magical Masking In Colors

Morning Everyone!  Today, Amanda is host at the Friday Mashup.  She has us trying clear-block stamping and/or color blocking.

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Clear Block Stamping".
  2. Create a project using "Color Blocking".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Color Blocking using your Clear Blocks".
I've done clear-block stamping.  I've done color-blocking with patterned and solid papers.  I don't think I've combined both.  In fact, it kinda freaked me out a little bit.  If you've seen some color blocking with card stock, it is a pretty clean technique, while clear-block stamping is, well, not.  The thought of combining the two just about sent me over the edge.  :)

I went out to the Splitcoaststampers gallery for some inspiration, and came across the tutorial for Magical Masking Tape, and I just wanted to try it!  So, forgive me, Amanda, for skipping right over the clear-block option.  :O

Here's my first shot at it.  Mmmmm, yummy In Colors!  Next time I think I'll use a little bit lighter colors.

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Four You; Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White; Ink: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Black Stazon; Accessories: Painter's tape.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Heidi! I love the colors you chose, and how you used the stamped imaged over them in black!

Marla Reed said...

I love this, Heidi! Just beautiful!

Yapha Mason said...

This came out great!! Gorgeous card.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - fun technique! I'll have to try that. Come out great on your card! Love the silhouette.

Amy White said...

Fab technique Heidi! Looks great over the silhouette image!

Lili said...

I love your colors, and the silhouette image in black is fab.
Hugs ;)

hollybeary creations said...

I love this Heidi.. What a great way to showcase Color blocking.. The black silhouette is perfect!

hollybeary creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hollybeary creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.