Monday, July 29, 2013

MDSM25 Sk8r Girl

Rochelle threw us a five-photo sketch for MDS Monday, which is awesome when you have lots of photos.  Well, who doesn't?  And an additional twist of adding numerals to your layout.

I have been dragging my heels on some pages of my daughter's first skating show, because I just didn't know what kits/papers would coordinate and I don't have any skate stamp brush sets. So how about no papers?  I can't believe I didn't use any, but I kinda love it!  And I had two pages of five photos each ~ awesome!

Ok, so I am here to tell you that MDS and photo editing go together like carrots and peas!  I used another trick on my page with Photoshop.  Here's how it goes - color the "fantabulous you" stamp image on a blank page in Basic Black and export as a jpeg.  Import into Photoshop, and fill in the "YOU!" with the paint bucket color of your choice.  I did some color matching to my daughter's dress.  Although I love the freeform coloring layer, coloring in "YOU!" perfectly was impossible.  Use the magic wand to highlight the white area, then select > inverse to highlight only the lines/words.  Copy and paste into a new document.  I did have to go inside some of the "loop" areas of "fantabulous" and just select and delete so the background was transparent.  Save as a .png and import back into MDS as a photo.  Got that?  Easy?  :)

MDS Elements: Stamps: Epic Overlays, Mistyped, Fantabulous You.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

A sweet layout and great techniques. Everything really caught my eye, but especially the title - love the "8" and also, I ice-skated as a young girl too.

Anonymous said...

How adorable- the layout and the subject of course! Nice work!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This spread is so much fun Love the little arrow pointing to the pic! Great use of elements (and no papers!).

hollybeary creations said...

I love this without any background papers.. And what a great way to color in the elements.. She looks like she had a blast.