Friday, December 21, 2012

Retro ColourQ Eleanor

Words can't express how I feel about the events of the past week.  This world is evil, and without God, we have no hope.  Hope is what gets us through.  Thoughts and prayers for all those who have lost loved ones and all those affected.

I haven't felt like crafting.  But the deadlines and responsibilities don't go away, so a little every day, right?  Today this card is meant to express my care for a fellow crafter.

I had my stamp set chosen, loved the color combo from colourQ, and did my best to squeeze it into this week's Retro Sketch.  Not sure how I feel about it, but I know for sure that bows just frustrate me.


I put some Crystal Effects on the stamen of the flowers.

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Loving Thoughts (sentiment inside);  Paper: Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Deck the Halls DSP; Ink: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Baja Breeze seam binding, Crystal Effects, Scallop Dotted Ribbon border punch, Sponges.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, I am with you on the bow....I just did a card with this sketch yesterday! Your bow is quite pretty, though...I love that you used a non-Christmas theme! So glad you could play with the CQC colors this week!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Heidi, love the flower stamps and the background you created! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week. Happy Holidays!