Monday, August 13, 2012

Scrappy Monday: Giving MDS 2 a Whirl

Hi Ladies, Don't forget to be working on your digital scrapbooks this month, so you can submit them for printing at 31% off by month's end.  I am working diligently on mine.  I always finish up a book during the year (a sale is just the ticket to spur me on), and just hit print several times for some Christmas gifts.

Stampin' Up has posted some (many) quick and easy MDS 2 videos on the mydigitalstudio.com website, under >Training > Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced.  I am currently working my way through these.  What a great way to see and learn what MDS 2 can do!

I wanted to share a couple pages I put together.  This one focuses on the photos, but uses some features of MDS 2.


Here I inserted a new photo layout, which comes with rounded corners, then I moved it around a bit.  The splatter stamp brush images are new and really fun!  And check out that button.  I inserted a paper button embellishment, and then I changed the color(!) to match the Summer Starfruit splatter.  What fun!!

MDS Elements: Stamps: Splatter; Color Palette: Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Starfruit; Embellishments: Paper button, Baja Breeze baker's twine; Font: CK Alis Handwriting.

And this page was inspired by a layout by Heather Summers.  Here I used a new fun feature of MDS 2 - I colored the butterfly stamp two different colors with the coloring tool.

MDS Elements: Stamps: Bliss, French Foliage, Vintage Overlays; Papers: Whisper White Texture, Sun Garden; Color Palette: Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight; Embellishments: Button Latte, White baker's twine, Staples, You're My Sunshine label; Font: Bradley Hand ITC.

Don't forget, you can give MDS 2 a try with a 30-day free trial.  Download it now here.

My Project 52 totals: Week 33, pages 24.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: