Sunday, March 11, 2012

Easter Cross Box

Today I'm going to share the Easter Cross Box, which could also be a gift box for a confirmation or dedication. This is a template that is available from the February 2011 issue of Paper Crafters Sampler.

I made a cross gift box ensemble last year, and I was looking around for a different idea. I remembered the beautiful headstones we saw when we visited Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah last year.

I absolutely love visiting cemeteries... I hope that isn't too morbid for some people. There is beautiful art there!

I did make the box, but then I glued it closed and onto a pedestal to make it into a Easter decor item. I used the above pictures as my inspiration photos.

To simulate the weathered headstone look, I dabbed Platinum Shimmer Paint on Sahara Sand and Basic Gray card stock with balled-up plastic wrap. There was some edge sponging too. I also used the Color Spritzer tool with the Basic Gray marker. The pedestal is created with the Petal Cone die.

The lilies were created with the Island Floral die.

It did take all day, but I love how it turned out!

Paper: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla; Ink: Basic Gray, River Rock, Basic Gray marker; Accessories: Daffodil Delight seam binding, Hat pin, Platinum shimmer paint, Color Spritzer, Sponges, Elegant Lines EF, Petal Cone die, Island Floral die, Big Shot, Floral wire, Floral tape, Plastic wrap, Paper plate.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Carmen said...

This is beautiful ... I'm going to have to try this!! I'll have to pin it when I am home so I can remember. I love checking out cemeteries too.

Unknown said...

Great work as usual!

Unknown said...

Great work as usual!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, what a beautiful 3D project! Very original. I love those 3D flowers!

Nikki W said...

I love all your 3d models - you are very talented.