Friday, January 6, 2012

FM40 We've Gone Soft!

Today on the Friday Mashup, Holly is challenging us to pull out our pastels. I imagine the Mashup post and challenge thumbnails will be full of soft colors! At least that's what I associate in my mind with pastels.


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Birthday" project.
  2. Or Make a project using "Pastels".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project using Pastels" .
I have to admit, it has been a while since I used my pastels. But Poppin' Pastels was one of the first techniques I thought of when I saw the Tea Shoppe stamp set.

You can see I cut the front edge of the card shorter with the Adorning Accents edgelits.

The tea cup was still a little too light for my liking, so I sponged the edges with Soft Suede. Hopefully this card will fill the recipient with warmth like a hot cup of tea! :)

Stamps: Tea Shoppe, Petite Pairs; Paper: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Attic Boutique DSP; Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark; Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, White baker's twine, Circle punches, Craft knife, Sponge, Backgrounds I Texturz Plates, Adorning Accents edgelits, 3" Circle die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

I love how you did the edge with the new dies.. The te cup is so soft and pretty.. I think the darker edge was a good choice really brings it all together! I need to get this set.

Lesley said...

Good morning Heidi! Fabulous card and colours! You aced this challenge and the new goodies have me drooling!
Hugs,
Lesley

Paula said...

I love the layout of this card! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing it.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Everything you do is beautiful!! Pastels are not my go-to colors either, but you made them work. Great job! Love the "tea bag".

Yapha said...

Great card! love how you used the pastels, and that tea bag is so clever!

Katherine said...

That's an interesting way to use that die..I wouldn't have thought of that if I hadn't see it. I really like the tea cup too!

Tanya Boser said...

So sweet. And great minds think alike! I turned my edgelit die on a card that will post soon too!
You're teacup is amazing! The poppin pastels are perfect for this stamp :)

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Love that tea bag sentiment idea. very soft and pretty card Heidi.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lisa said...

So were you surprised when you saw some of the dark, masculine cards at FM? :)

I love your tea cup, it is so soft and pretty. Makes me think of my Grandma and a china pattern she had :)

jjcreations said...

Fabulous card, Heidi - I love how you've created the cut bottom - very clever! The assortment of papers are wonderful and your tea cup is so delicate! Great Card!!!

Teresa Kline said...

super sweet card...have a fabby day!

enjoy *~*

Kim P said...

Wonderful card...love how the sentiment hangs out like a tea bag! I can hardly wait to get my new goodies too!!

Carmen said...

I love the soft look .... The tea bag really is cool.

Mickey Roberts said...

I love the soft colors and the creative edging with the Edgelits. The tea bag tag is adorable.

Shelley Z said...

I like how soft the colors are! Seems so sweet!