Thursday, October 27, 2011

3-D Thursday: Halloween Haunts

Here's some projects we recently made at the Halloween Haunts class. Missed it? Aww, "boo" hoo for you! :)

This class was actually by request. We have some die hard Halloween fans around, in addition to me. Always lots of fun! First up is a card featuring Out on a Limb, inspired by Mary Brown.

It is quick and easy to get moon gradiation by sponging the bottom third with More Mustard, middle with Peach Parfait, and upper third with Pumpkin Pie. The ladies could choose whatever animals they wanted hanging out on the limb.

But the best part of Halloween is the 3-D items. This is actually a witch's hat we created at the Utica shoebox swap using the Petal Cone die, and it was a special request for the class.

The Dark & Dreary stamp set is used here, but you can use any spooky image.

And my good friend and sideline Christine brought a cute 1 x 8" cello bag project, featuring the set Howl-o-ween Creeps.

She mentioned it would be cute to make a bunch of these and string them up. My daughter helped me make this project by coloring the monsters for me. Didn't she do a good job?

I had great plans to make individually decorated sugared shortbread cookies for the attendees, stamped with the Sweet Pressed stamps, of course. I took great care to measure the cookies before baking and after baking. They were ~3-1/2 inches wide. Who knew that they still wouldn't fit into the 4 x 6" cello bags? Here is the only one I got into a bag to decorate.

I wondered if they would mind if I nibbled the edges off so they would fit. :/ It's hard to see, but notice the Striped embossing folder on the Pumpkin Pie cardstock. We just ate the rest while crafting. That's good too, right?

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

LOL... your card almost makes me want to buy this stamp set Heidi! I love the tree, and tree as a branch! The card is too darn cute, and the witch hat too!
Hugs,
Sharon F.

Shelley Z said...

Eating cookies is always good! That witch's hat is darling! Fabulous idea! Love the bats too!

Yapha said...

These are amazing!! I love that witch's hat!!

Mickey Roberts said...

You can never go wrong with cookies, whether or not they fit in the bag! All of these projects are just adorable!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Hmm. What to say is the best? All of it! I love that hat and the cookies! So adorable!

Tanya Boser said...

OMG Heidi! These are all so awesome! And that hat is amazing. I have to look at it some more to figure out how you did it :)

Paula said...

All are amazing projects! I tried to make a hat out of the petal cone die without much luck. But I love the one you made.