Friday, April 1, 2011

Scrapbook Friday: Photo Background

Welcome to another episode of Project 52! Progress to date: It's week 13, and 12 pages have been created. I'm catching up! Today I'll show you something that can't be done with "traditional" scrapbooking, using a photo as a background.

With My Digital Studio, I inserted a location shot, Cinderella's castle, to set the stage for the page. The opacity of the photo is set to 50% to fade it. This is a great technique for the wide-angle landscape and horizon shots you might take on a hike or other vacation activity you want to scrap. It easily helps tell the story of the page.

Isn't that fun? With this technique, you can take your beautiful vacation photos to easily create your own calendars as well.

MDS elements: Stamps: Once Upon A Time, Medallion, Torn Edges.

Edit to add: May is National Scrapbooking Month, and Stampin' Up will be offering 30% off selected scrapbooking products.
  • Select stamp sets
  • Select professional print products for My Digital Studio
  • Special digital download bundles for My Digital Studio
So, note to you and myself, get those MDS photo books designed and completed so we are ready to print in May! Go Project 52!!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Rosemary Morgan said...

Beautiful page.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Neat combination of photo background and other images to create the border. And you are so right, it really helps to tell the story!

Yapha said...

I love how you put the photo in the background! What a fabulous idea!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love this page--the photo background makes it! Those are some cute princessess!

Cindy said...

I love this! Need to scrap this past weekend's events, and that photo background technique will be perfect!

Shelley Z said...

WOW! This is a fabulous technique! Love how this looks!

Holly said...

I love this page Heidi... That photo background technique is awesome.. This is a page she will treasure for a long time.

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Now that's a pretty cool idea!

Mickey Roberts said...

Such a pretty page! Love the photo for the background.