Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting Desperate... A Limited Supply Challenge

So we are vacation in Florida, and I've come down here with nearly no crafting supplies. I am in serious crafting withdrawl, especially with a rainy day today. The February issue of Paper Crafters Sampler came out yesterday, and I had to recreate one of the adorable wagons!

I improvised with Whisper White cardstock and lots of Rich Razzleberry sponging. I used what circle punches I had on hand.

And we had to go outside to find a stick for the handle, and the wagon is filled with strips of newspaper. My daughter was in charge of decorating; she recycled saved princess images from Christmas tags. On the back she used a flamingo medallion she made during stamp club with Grandma. You can see she has been practicing paper piercing. I think it looks like the back of a "Just Married" car. I'm not sure what the extra pink tab on the bumper is for.

A bit later we will be making some Valentine's cookies and decorating for our Valentine's party, so a pink and purple wagon was a great way to start! She's been playing with it, pretending it's a hay wagon. Guess it's a nice improvised toy.

Stamps: Valentine Defined; Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink DSP; Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip marker; Circle punches, Scallop Circle punch, Oval punch, Sponge, Brads, Stick.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Robin said...

Love it!

Yapha said...

What a fantastic wagon! So cute!! I love the princesses on the sides, too.

Tilly said...

awesome! vacationing again??! How do I get to be a Baks, lol?

Mickey Roberts said...

How adorable! Do you think the extra tab was an extra hitch for the wagon? Maybe she has a cart to add to the wagon to carry all the luggage for those princesses! Or at the very least, all the Valentine's candy she'll be receiving... Have fun on your vacation!

The Princess said...

Awesome! Are you allowed to share the dimensions and instructions?

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I notice there are no princes on this wagon. Must be just the girls getting away for a scrappy weekend ;)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

So cute!

Holly said...

So cute... What a fun wagon!