Thursday, February 24, 2011

Big Shot Club: Scallop Envelope Die

We recently had the first session of the Big Shot club, where we focused on the types of dies, sandwich combinations, and created projects with dies included in the Big Shot Starter Kit**. **It's not to late to join the Big Shot club! Click here for all the details!

These are a couple projects created with the Scallop Envelope die. The first uses the Scallop Envelope on a card. This is a fun card, because the sentiment is hidden inside the envelope.

I created a little ribbon pull tab on the sentiment card.

The card follows the layout by 'Karenstamps' on SCS.

Stamps: Sincere Salutations; Paper: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Afternoon Tea DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Felt Fusion II flowers, Flower brad, Brads, Finial Press embossing folder, Scallop Envelope die, Big Shot.

And for 3-D Thursday, this fun backpack is created easily with the help of the Big Shot, using both the Scallop Envelope die and the Top Note die.

I followed the tutorial by Keri Metzger.

Stamps: Tart & Tangy; Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP; Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip marker, Old Olive marker; Accessories: Star brad, Eyelets, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch, Scallop Envelope die, Top Note die, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very cute!! I wish I could come make them!!

mollymoo951 said...

Oh my gosh! I love the backpack! It is adorable! Now I gotta have that scallop emvelope die! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

lynn1946 said...

Ditto on the envie it's too clever

Yapha said...

So cute!! I just love that backpack!

Shelley Z said...

I LOVE your card! The peek a boo sentiment is great! I really miss those colors! Backpack is really cute!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

so cute! I love cards with a little twist!

Kim P said...

both of these projects are great! Reminds me to order that scallop envelope die!