Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter Roses

Hi Everyone, One of the design team cards for the Our Creative Corner challenge just blew me away this week... Dana's card, to be exact. The challenge is to use blue and cream and add metal and vellum. I love vellum, and I am now wondering why it doesn't make it to my cards more often. I definitely wanted to give some vellum rosettes a try.

I was trying to go for a white-on-white look, so I didn't want to use too much Night of Navy cardstock, just a sprig or two. I used the Table Setting die to create the rosettes. While my tombo glue was still tacky, I added silver micro beads for the metal part. I also sponged the rosettes and glued a couple of Night of Navy circles to the bottom.

This card will also fit in nicely to the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge this week.

Stamps: Warmest Regards; Paper: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White; Ink: Night of Navy; Accessories: Sponge, Silver micro beads, White satin ribbon, Circle punches, Finial Press embossing folder, Table Setting die, Big Shot, Tombo multipurpose adhesive, Dimensionals.

Sorry my card is very CASE-y, but I just had to play!! Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Yapha said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! The rosettes with the micro beads are spectacular!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Dana's card blew me away too! And we love it when you case us - it is very much a compliment. Your card is gorgeous, I love the warm cream and the dry embossing and those vellum flowers totally ROCK! Terrific job on the challenge. So happy you were inspired to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner. We hope to see you a lot in 2011!

rebecca said...

this is simply lovely

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Rosemary Morgan said...

Heidi this is gorgeous. Nice job

Cindy said...

Wow....simply stunning!

Rochelle said...

Oh I love those rosettes and all the little details you put in this card! Thanks for playing at the SCIC blog!

Mary J said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous!! You've used white and space perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! This would make a gorgeous box (top) too!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW gorgeous card!! Yours blew me away! lol

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow that is Beautiful .. that is the best use of mirco beads ever!!

Hugs
Shirley

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Gorgeous Heidi!! I saw those roses too and thought they were pretty cool. You were brave enough to give them a try! Love the beaded centers. Thanks playing at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Incredible card!

SueM

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wow! That is a beautiful card!

hollybeary creations said...

Love it.. Look at those Roses, they are fab!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi. This is absolutely gorgeous. Hugs~Jane

Nancy said...

Absolutely stunning card, I love the roses, how did you make them?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic and gorgeous!!


Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

~Erica~ said...

Wow! Stunning! I have to CASE your card! ;-)
Thanks for playing at Stampin' Celebration!

rebecca said...

simple elegance...I posted this on my blog this morning.

Mickey Roberts said...

OMG!! You are certainly on a roll, Heidi! This card is just stunning!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love the rosettes. Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Candace Lawlor said...

Well, I think that it's been said already, but WOW :-) This is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us for the SCIC this week.

Amanda Sevall said...

Beautiful card!! :)

Shelley Z said...

This card is just stunning! Love those roses and to use vellum was perfect!

Kim P said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!

Tanya Boser said...

Love those vellum roses!!!