Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Easy 3-D Pumpkins

These 3-D pumpkins were a shoebox swap project from a recent team meeting, which I just got around to putting together. So cute, and perfect for the Friday Mashup challenge #16.

These guys are made by cutting twelve 1" strips of cardstock, punching a Crop-o-dile hole on either end of the stacked strips, attaching both ends with brads and spreading out the strips. I believe my strips were 5" and 6" long. You can use ribbon as well to hold the strips together. Then decorate the top with leaf die-cuts, buttons, ribbon, etc. Spritz and curl a thin strip of Autumn Spice DSP to create a curling vine.

I actually threaded the ribbon through the button on this one. I know, what was I thinking?

Stamps: None; Paper: Cajun Craze textured, Autumn Spice DSP; Ink: None; Accessories: Old Olive and Garden Green buttons, Old Olive ribbon, Linen thread, Brads, Crop-o-dile, Leaves #2 die, Big Shot.

Edit to add, my submission won! I get to be a guest designer next week. Don't forget to play along with me!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

WebDeb said...

Quite charming!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love these!! Awesome!

Yapha said...

Those are so cool! I really have to try them!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Heidi..those are so cute.. I am so glad you put them up on the mashup blog.. thanks for joining in on the fun.. I started to think no one loved pumpkins as much as me!!

Hugs
Shirley

Cindy said...

Great Fall decor!!!

Terry Blais said...

Super cute pumpkins! I never get tired of seeing these. Thanks for participating in Friday Mashup!

Terry

Karen said...

cute cute cute. Love these punkins.

Holly said...

These are adorable Heidi.. Thanks for playing along with the Mashup!