Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Card for a Young Man

A birthday card for my nephew, and a great opportunity to practice my brayering.

I followed the tutorial from Michelle Zindorf, but changed up the colors to match the ink pads I own.

A brayering class is coming soon - I promise! I went back and labeled some older posts with "Brayer", as I think there will start to be a trend here. I took a couple photos in different lighting so you could see the different colors.

Stamps: Extreme Skateboard, Sanded BG; Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black; Accessories: Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Brayer, Sponge, Coluzzle.

**Update: Brayering Basics class scheduled for September 16th. Check out Meetup for all the details.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Karen said...

What awesome brayering! Love the colors too. I'm sure your nephew will love this card.

Cindy said...

That is STUNNING! Your nephew is sure to love this.

Christel said...

These are great! I really need to practice my brayering. I usually just use my brayer to ink up my large stamps...

Jen Timko said...

Genious to use the brads as wheels and the brayering is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! I really need to practice my brayering as it always gives such WOW results. Thanks fro sharing.

Kim P said...

Great cards! I went to a Zindorf workshop...but it was over a year ago. Need to bring out the brayer again!