Friday, May 14, 2010

Paper Pin Tutorial

I went back to my post earlier this year with a paper pin gift. I couldn't remember how many layers I used, and I couldn't find my notes. And, dang it, I didn't write a tutorial for it! Ugh! Ok, so I guess I better do it...

Punch your main image and 4 layers of cardstock backing with the Wide Oval punch.

Glue all layers together with Mod Podge.

Apply pin backing with Crystal Effects, and let dry completely. It is a great adhesive, if you have the time to wait.

Push paper pin front into Versamark ink, cover with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and heat. It is easier to do this last, since you will have the pin backing as a handle.

Add a tag. This little gift is for my niece's daughter (grand-niece?), who's birthday is today. Happy Birthday, Kylie!

Here's my previous post, for additional ideas for you.

Stamps: Sweet Scoops, All Holidays; Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray; Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Cameo Coral, Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Versamark; Accessories: Wide oval punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Eyelet, Crop-o-dile, Linen thread, Crystal Effects, Pin backing.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Okay, you are officially the coolest great-aunt--bet Kylie loves this!

Maree said...

This is just too sweet!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Marla Reed said...

That pin is just too stinkin' cute! How fun for the birthday girl to get to wear it at her party!

Bandon, Oregon said...

SWEET!!!! I've got to try this.... Thanks for posting...
Faith

Dany said...

This is such a great idea! And the Bling just makes it perfect!