Monday, January 11, 2010

Ramping Up for Valentine's Day

I was playing around with Valentine's Day projects this weekend.

I thought I would try my hand at a mailbox.

I printed a Better Homes & Gardens template on paper, temporarily adhered it to my paper with Dotto, and cut it out. The mailbox is held together with eyelets. The heart is made using the Heart-to-Heart punch.

I was thinking about changing up the door a bit by adding an eyelet or brad to the top so I can tie it closed.

And I thought I would give the Valentine's image from Wandering Words a whirl. Since this set is retired, I thought it would be fun to pull out some other retired favorite items. Another sewing-on-cards opportunity!

Mailbox ingredients - Paper: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Sending Love Specialty DSP; Ink: Basic Black marker; Accessories: Eyelets, Crop-o-dile, Heart-to-Heart punch.

Valentine's Day card ingredients - Stamps: Wandering Words; Paper: Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Candy Lane DSP; Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Gray, Going Gray markers; Accessories: Crop-o-dile, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Crystal Effects, Sewing machine and thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

HeathersHobby said...

Very cute mailbox! I love that wandering words stamp!

Cindy said...

Ohhhh, this is so cute! TFS!

Betty said...

What a great combo. That is the CUTEST stamp!!!