Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Convention Day One and Convention Special

Hi Everyone! I am enjoying my first day at Convention in Salt Lake City. Things are very busy and tiring here, and I haven't stamped a thing!!

First off, here is the last swap - the 3D "Dreamy" swap - I was making up to the very last minute before leaving for Convention. These are cute little 'My Favorite Quote' books, using Nouveau Chic paper and Sense of Time stamp set. The clock face was done with the cracked glass technique.

My flight had a mechanical in Minneapolis, so I didn't arrive in SLC until 1:50am local time! A little difficulty with the shuttle at that hour, but I reached the hotel at 2:30am. My roomies were planning on getting up at 4am to stand in line for Memento Mall - not me! Well, turns out, no matter what time you get in line, you are bound to spend 4 hours waiting! Crazy. Here's a couple pics of that craziness!

What can you do while waiting in line for 4 hours? Well, swap of course! Since the line was taking so long, I was never going to make it to my swap drop-off in time, so I actually had to call the swap host and have her pick up the swaps from me (insert anxiety here, but it all turned out ok!). Thank God I got breakfast and coffee before getting into the line, but my stomach was already talking to me about lunch before I had got in to shop! Note to self: bring power bars for this strenuous exercise! Once I had made it through Memento Mall, I had to hurry and get lunch so I could make it back to the hotel by 3:15pm for the ride over to Riverton for the tour of the Stampin' Up! facilities.

This is the most beautiful office building I have ever seen! There is this waterfall atrium at the cafeteria level.

And this is the "Ideas Room"...

...complete with a conference room with whiteboard walls to jot down any crazy thoughts in your head.

This is the "pick line".

And the self-gratifying photo to make me feel like I am part of it all.

Look at the view these guys have!

So, back into SLC just in time for happy hour with my most favorite blogger EVER!! - Understand Blue Lydia!!! I got to meet her in person, and bonus, Linda Hansen stopped by too! For those of you who don't recognize her name, she is on many product videos and did many demonstrations at previous SU events. She is no longer with SU, so it is great to see her again!

Phew, just enough time to enjoy a drink with friends, and then off to the SplitCoastStampers dinner and swap. I came away with 50 great cards to share with you guys, a door prize, and wonderful memories. No pics though :(. I must have been getting tired!

Oh, and if you are still hanging with me (I almost forgot!), my Convention special - Place an online order through my demonstrator website and receive free shipping (10% of merchandise total), only through Saturday, August 8! I cannot reduce your order cost directly, so the free shipping will come in the form of a rebate.

So, off to bed, and General Session (where they usually make some announcement of things to come) and classes tomorrow. No stamping planned again tomorrow - this really is a vacation! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: