Monday, June 15, 2009

Swaps for SCS Buffalo Shoebox Swap

I had a really busy weekend. On Friday I stopped by Williams Resort in Rosendale, NY to preride the mountain biking race course, then up to Michele's (SCS: Tillyhead) for Divas night, then spent the night at Gayla's (SCS: snowcountry311). Early Saturday morning, Gayla, Kari (SCS: Norway76) and I drove to Buffalo for the shoebox swap. We had a great time with our table shoebox projects, then 4 make & takes, swaps, door prizes, goodie bags, and lots of food! Our host Becky (SCS: Kewl Kat) works at a shoe factory, so we got to play with lots of leather samples, and we stamped and decorated a leather wallet. She also showed us how to do a decorative napkin transfer with beeswax. Then we hit Buffalo Stamps for some shopping and My Tomato Pie for a quick dinner before heading back to Gayla's. On Sunday, I was up early again to drive to the race in Rosendale. What a sloppy mess, but I finished intact and first!

So, here are my swap contributions from the day:

My SU demo quality swap. I brayered the background and used the Branch Out stamp set. Uh-oh, Halloween is already coming on in my head!

My ATC swap. This uses Bella Rose paper and colors, and I got to use the tea cup stamp I picked up at the stamp expo the previous weekend. Hubby Chris did the sewing on this one, since the thread kept breaking on me, and I was getting very frustrated. Note to self: don't try to sew through the glue line!

And this is my 3D swap. I took this guy from my Fifth Avenue Floral class, since it came out so cute! Really easy to make!

Finally my shoebox project. Everyone had to cut out the little butterfly so it would pop out 3D on the card.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: