Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Keep Your Shirt On

Well, that's what I am telling my daughter right now. She wants to dress in her winter Piglet sleeper in this nice warm weather. Why does pickiness with clothes start as such an early age?

Few things I have been working on recently -

Here is a birthday card I made over the weekend for my (grand?) niece, using the Wagon Full of Fun set from the Occasions mini. The duck is so cute, and you can load your wagon with various items like Easter eggs, a flower pot, or a heart.

And here is a cool fancy fold called a 'squash card'. I made a simpler version of this for my Monthly 1 Swap. The card uses the Rustic Rooster hostess set, and the rooster is embossed and bleached. The So Saffron background is make with the Big Shot Texturz Background #1, and then lightly sponged to highlight the texture.
Edit 5/28/09: I actually made this card for one of the previous mini VSNs, and it was just picked for the High Roller honor gallery. I was picked out of all the wonderful submissions! WooHoo!! The High Roller gallery is here, if you are interested.

This was a first attempt at playing with the Scene from a Garden set (Occasions mini). There are a lot of elements in this one - textured and sponged So Saffron, embossing and bleaching for the table, watercoloring, Crystal Effects on the cut-out pieces, Color Spritzer Tool on the main image (used with a marker), edge distressing. You can click on the picture to see it up close. Watercolor paper would have worked better here - Whisper White cardstock leaves the images washed out. This is a great watercolor set!

And I can finally post the card I made for Mother's Day. My mom owns a cabin in Canada, so this is perfect for her. This uses Inspired by Nature grass, Lovely as a Tree, and Pines (retired) sets. The moon is made by creating a mask with a circle punch and then sponging around it. This was a fun one-of-a-kind!

All the recipe details for these guys can be found in my SCS gallery. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: