Friday, January 16, 2015

Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop


Hello Everyone, Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop, which features amazing products from the new Occasions Catalog.  Sit back and enjoy some wonderful ideas using the newest stamping goodies!

If you have been following the blog hop in order, you have just come from Yapha's post featuring the fun alphabet set Sophisticated Serifs.  Yapha has some beautiful projects!  And today I will show you some projects using the set You Plus Me.

First up is a project I created (27 times) over Christmas for the Control Freaks swap group.

Sewing the layers together is a really slick way to assemble a shaker card, as long as the shaker items inside aren't bulky.  And the baker's twine is a pretty convenient way to attach the pompom trim.  Since I prefer the look of a stamped image, I stamped a circle image from Geometrical with Crisp Cantaloupe ink and punched a heart with the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.

Stamps: You Plus Me, Geometrical; Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White, Stacked with Love DSP, Vellum, Gold Foil; Ink: Real Red, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Versamark; Accessories: Gold Sequin trim, Basic Black baker's twine, Calypso Coral pompom trim, Stacked with Love washi tape, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Confetti Heart border punch, Gold EP, Hearts & Stars decorative mask, Sponge, Sewing machine, Thread.

The large ampersand image just begs for a fun background.  Watercoloring and bokeh effect are very big right now.

Did you notice the "You + Me" stamp image is actually open words with solid background?  To create dark lettering, I embossed with clear embossing powder, sponged the open area with black ink, and used the iron-off embossing technique to remove the melted embossing powder.  Neat trick!

Stamps: You Plus Me; Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor paper;  Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Real Red, Basic Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White craft, Versamark; Accessories: Clear EP, Sponge dauber, What's Up punch, Circle punches, Squares Collection framelits, Big Shot.

And hopefully you'll forgive me for making another Curvy Keepsake box; this one is for stamp club.  Such a busy month, I need to double up whenever possible!

The tiny hearts from "Be Mine" didn't look right in black ink, so I used my hot craft knife and cut my stamp.  Gasp!  I much prefer to ink stamps with pads rather than markers.  

Stamps: You Plus Me; Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Stacked with Love DSP; Ink: Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: White baker's twine, Pearl jewels, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Scallop Tag Topper punch, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Curvy Keepsake thinlit, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Tina at Paper Art Garden put together using Hello Life. She made some amazing projects!
 
 

11 comments:

None None said...

Love your shaker card, Heidi! I never thought about sewing the layers together - I will have to experiment with that soon. The washi tape adds the perfect touch of whimsy, as does the pom pom trim.

Yapha Mason said...

Fantastic projects, Heidi! I love that shaker card. I'll have to see if I'm brave enough to try the iron off embossing technique...

Tanya Boser said...

Gorgeous cards Heidi! I love the more flat shaker option. Your Bokeh work is just beautiful also! I cut my stamps too, and why not, they are mine, or yours in this case :)

Kim said...

Beautiful projects Heidi! Love how you assembled the shaker card.

Paper Art Garden said...

Love all the projects. The shaker card has amazing details. Thanks for all the tips and instructions.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love your first card. So beautiful. Really love it.

Twila said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi. I LOVE the cards. That little bit of a black layer really makes the cards pop! The little Valentine box is cute too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects!! The shaker card way to cute!! 27 for sewing was probably a lot easier that way to. lol I actually like your idea of cutting the stamp away I will be doing it! lol

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

I LOVE your shaker card! So cool and fun!

Cindy Major said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi! I love all the pretty details you put in there. That shaker card is absolutely lovely!

TFS,
Cindy

~amy~ said...

Your projects are absolutely darling!