If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Mike's blog. Mike has such a different, refreshing take on sets that is so fun! I fell in love with Oh, Hello at the Leadership Conference last year, with so many fun samples on display. I couldn't wait to play with it, and I'm so glad to be able to pick it up again.
Coming up with a new and unique project can be a challenge. Using trendy techniques, such as stencils and acrylic paint, with older sets can make what's old new again. Using negative die-cuts is pretty popular right now too.
Stamps: Oh, Hello; Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White; Ink: Summer Starfruit, Black Stazon, Coastal Cabana reinker; Accessories: White baker's twine, White acrylic paint, Oh, Hello MDS download, Hearts Collection framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.
The sentiments in the set are perfect for party planning, and it's been a while since we had a tea party. I thought that might be fun.
I've been wanting to cut out a pie box using the template from the Unknown Blessings MDS download. In MDS, I recolored the pie box black (high contrast makes editing easier), imported it into Photoshop so I could select with the magic wand and paint the entire image black, and then imported it into my e-cutter. After tracing the outline, overlay the matching stamp image of score lines from the download, and it is ready to cut out. I cut a slightly smaller box for the bottom. A little fringe flower, made with the Fringe Scissors, in the center of the spiral flower is so fun.
Stamps: Oh, Hello, Positively Chevron BG, Tea Shoppe MDS download, Unknown Blessings MDS download; Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Blushing Bride, Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Veramark; Accessories: Pearl jewels, Tea Lace paper doilies, Clear embossing powder, Sponges, Fringe scissors, Scallop Edge border punch, Fancy Fan EF, Little Leaves die, Spiral Flower die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.
Make sure you check out the next stop to see what my creative friend Betty at Kitty Stamp put together with the set.
The complete hop list:
- Paula Wright paulastamps.blogspot.com
- Dawn Tidd tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
- Yapha Mason yaphamason.com
- Deb Currier artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com
- Nancy Smith iguanastamp.wordpress.com
- Holly Krautkremer rubberredneck.typepad.com
- Rita Wright ritascreations.blogspot.com
- Kerry Willard Bray peoniesandpaperchains.com
- Shana Gaff stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
- Lisa Young addinkandstamp.blogspot.com
- Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com
- Jill Coleman jillstamps.com
- Mike Funke stampin-style.typepad.com
- Heidi Baks runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
- Betty Traciak kittystamp.blogspot.com
- Tanya Boser tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
- Mary Rindal maryrindal.com
- Wendy Weixler wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com