Friday, August 19, 2011

FM20 Sweet as a Button

Although I don't officially join the Friday Mashup design team until September, I did create a card for this week's challenge, dual-purposing it as a shoebox project for our sideline meeting as well.

Isn't this cupcake the yummiest? I couldn't resist trying to duplicate it when I saw it. Here's what I've got -

For the Mashup, the challenge was to create a project with cupcakes and buttons. I did add some paper piecing, which was "extra credit" at the Mashup. And the object of the shoebox swap was to use supplies from the new catalog. The stamp set here is Sweets for the Sweet. I wanted to use the umbrella image, and I couldn't figure out a way to use it with the other stamps in the set, so I paired it with the cupcake punch. I'm going to have to get more of these mini brads, 'cause I'm loving them! I also used sketch #120 from Stamping 411.

Here you can see that I punched the cupcake top three times and trimmed to try to duplicate the frosting in the picture. What'cha think?

Don't forget to submit your challenge idea for "fan favorite". We could be doing your challenge in the near future!

Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet; Paper: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Just Add Cake DSP; Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Crimper, Button Latte, White Baker's twine, Build a Cupcake punch, Silver mini brads, Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, Tasteful Trim die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is so sweet!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

How cute and looks so yummy!!

Yapha said...

Love your cupcake!! I love you mimicked the layers in the frosting -- it looks delicious! Great card!

Tanya Boser said...

Yummy cupcake!! And who would have thought to put a button on a cupcake?!
As for the mini brads, it's a good thing they come in a pack of 200, huh.

Paula said...

Completely cute!!! I too am loving those mini brads.

Shelley Z said...

Looks absolutely YUMMY to me! I love how you created the frosting on the cupcake and the sketch is inspiring!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great job recreating that cupcake. It looks good enough to eat!

Lesley said...

I love how you cut the cupcake top three times! What a fantastic CAS card Heidi!
Hugs,
Lesley

hollybeary creations said...

I really like how you did your cupcake icing too! I'm thinking I need a trip to Whole Foods for a Cupcake with Pink Icing and STAT! They pile them high like that... usually I think they are too pretty to eat. lol

Those brads really add a great touch to you card, Great idea to use the Umbrella with the cupcake. Give it a tropical feel. That means you have a Pina Colada Cupcake there right?

Deb B - Debadoo said...

Very cute card, and great way to swirl the icing!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

love the cupcake topping and your layout!

Lisa said...

Love your card! That cupcake looks fantastic and I really like the CAS look, plus the dots embossed background!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Heidi, that's one very tropical cup cake you have there, either that or it's full of alcohol!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kim P said...

I am FINALLY commenting on the DT cards...Love this! The soft colorpalette is great, love the triple layer frosting!