Friday, July 30, 2010

Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Mega Hop

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Mega Hop! Hope you enjoy your stay!! The hop will feature some new stamp sets in the 2010-2011 catalog; the full catalog can be found here.

If you have been following the blog hop in order you've just seen Allison's post featuring So Many Thanks. Don't you love how versatile one stamp can be? Today I have created samples using the Wicked Cool set. Halloween is one of my favorite crafting holiday; I was so excited to create some fun projects with this set! And I have so many ideas for this set.

Candelabra Card: The catalog has so many great samples in it. I morphed a couple of projects from the Halloween Suite display to create this card. I cut a 1-1/2 x 12" strip of Wicked Fun DSP, scored every 1/4", to create the accordion base. I also created the Black Satin Ribbon ruffle with sticky strip on the back of the candelabra image. You can also see the subtle bat images on the background, created by watermark stamping with Versamark. Fun little notecard with lots of 3-D pop.

Batty Moon Card: The silhouette images in this set is a great excuse to practice some brayering. I brayered with So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, and Rich Razzleberry. The moon is created by using a post-it note mask. If you look closely, you might see some tone-on-tone spider web stamping on the left margin. Spooky, huh?

Witchy Invite Card: This almost identical to a card Heather Summers shared with us at Convention. It was so adorable; I couldn't resist copying and sharing. It is a fun party invitation - the patterned paper is really a belly band that you can slip off to reveal the party details. I love the illusion that there are witches hiding behind there.

I'll post more detailed pictures of all three cards on Monday.

I loved the luminary idea ever since I saw them on Cindy E's blog in a past blog hop. And then Brent Steele demo'd them at Convention. About time I tried one...

I made a luminary with three window sides - super easy to make. I used a 7 x 12" piece of Designer Series Paper from the Wicked Fun pack. I adhered an additional sheet of Basic Black cardstock for sturdiness and scored at 3", 6", 9", and 12". I rotated the paper and scored at 4". I also added an additional little piece of Basic Black cardstock to be able to close the box (12" sheet isn't quite long enough, but my flameless candle was too big to go with a smaller box). Create a window template, trace, and cut with a paper trimmer and craft knife. The windows were created by stamping on vellum cardstock and adhering inside. Fun!

My final project illustrates using this set for a non-Halloween project. Many of the images reminded me of a haunted house or castle. In fact, that might be the reason I like the Beauty and the Beast movie so much.

To create a haunted castle feel, I stamped bats along the left margin. I created the castle wall by cutting 1/2 x 1" rectangles for bricks out of Sahara Sand and sponging with Baja Breeze. And I created a window (I hope it looks like a window) by brayering with So Saffron and Peach Parfait, stamping the spider web and candelabra, and cutting into four quarters and matting on Basic Gray to give the illusion of a window frame. Those photos are of my daughter meeting Belle at Walt Disney World this past January.

I hope you enjoyed these projects; they were super fun to make! Hurray for Halloween!! :)

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Lisa at Stampin' My Life Away has created for you using those cute kids from Greeting Card Kids.

_<< PREVIOUS BLOG _________________ NEXT BLOG >>

Candelabra Card: Stamps: Wicked Cool; Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Wicked Fun Specialty DSP; Ink: Basic Black, Versamark; Accessories: White embossing powder, Black satin ribbon, 1-3/4" Circle punch.

Batty Moon Card: Stamps: Wicked Cool, Frightful Fence Wheel; Paper: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Black Stazon; Accessories: Sponge, Brayer, Post-it notes, Brads, Black grosgrain ribbon.

Witchy Invite Card: Stamps: Wicked Cool; Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Wicked Fun Specialty DSP; Ink: Versamark, Black Stazon, Old Olive marker, Rich Razzleberry marker; Accessories: Modern Label punch, Oval Scallop punch, Large Oval punch, Brads, Black embossing powder, Dimensionals.

Luminary: Stamps: Wicked Cool; Paper: Basic Black, Vellum cardstock, Wicked Fun Specialty DSP; Ink: Black Stazon; Accessories: Black satin ribbon, Paper trimmer, Craft knife, Flameless candle.

Belle Scrapbook Page: Stamps: Wicked Cool; Paper: Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Whisper White; Ink: Baja Breeze, Black Stazon, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Peach Parfait; Accessories: Sponge, Brayer, Texturz Plate Kit #4, Big Shot.

The complete blog hop listing:
1. Valerie (createsfromscraps): Cute by the Inch
2. Holly P. (hollylogic): Because I Care
3. ***
4. Kim (S1itcher46): Homemade
5. Allison (alliohran): So Many Thanks
6. Heidi (hlw966): Wicked Cool
7. Lisa (LisaMNaples): Greeting Card Kids
8. Anna (stampinakmills): Welcome Christmas
9. Barbra (kamperstamper): Come to Bethlehem
10. Sarah W (willsygirl): Got Treats
11. Barbara (Cre8tivestamper): Morning Cup
12. Emily (getfrosted): For Everything
13. Sara (Lily's Ink Pad): Every Little Bit
14. Rhonda (rhondag): Grunge Rock
15. Yapha: Family Business
16. Tanya (Tanya27): Funky Four
17. Deborah (WebDeb): Ornate Blossom
18. Cheryl (lovetostampandscrap): Friends Never Fade
19. Dawnmarie (dmdezigns): Cottage Garden
20. Joyce (Broncomom): Just Believe
21. Cindy (CindyE): Countryside
22. Mickey (MickeyRoberts): Aviary
23. Holly K (catrules): Artistic Etchings
24. Carmen: Word Play
25. Adriana (escape2stamp): Fabulous Phrases
26. Krystal (skdeleeuw): Broadsheet Alphabet

Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! I absolutely LOVE all of these. I'm CASEing as we speak!! I NEED this set now. What great cards!

Yapha said...

Amazing! They are all great, but I just adore that Beauty & the Beast scrapbook page! So clever!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

What amazing projects! I love that you had cards, a 3-D item, and a scrapbook page. What a great way to showcase this set! My fave is the lantern. Very fun!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects! I love the luminary!

Jen said...

Wonderful projects! I never do much for Halloween but you have me thinking about it now!

Barbra said...

love your projects, especially the luminary. Amazing great ideas

creations by jackie said...

I just love your cards,you can tell you had fun making them,and your luminaries are awesome. Thanks for sharing your great artwork.

Jen Timko said...

My goodness, these are all amazing!!! Love the cards, CASEing the luminaries and the scrapbook page is fantastic!

catrules/holly said...

Wow amazing I love all of them, love that scrap book page!! You did a fantastic job!

WebDeb said...

I like all of the cards -- the candelabra medallion is fabulous!

Cindy said...

I love them all, but the way you made the window look illuminate from the inside on the SB page just knocks my socks off!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Heidi,

These are fabulous projects. I love this paper and set together. Your scrapboook page is so perfect!

Stampin AKMills said...

Wow I can't even pick a favorite they are so neat!

Tilly said...

great projects Heidi! I love the window in the scrapbook page - you never cease to amaze me!

Dawnmarie's Life said...

I love how versatile this set looks when used all these ways. I might have to get it now. . . .

Lisa N said...

I love all of your projects, especially the luminaries. Fantastic Job.

Barbara Welch said...

I love what you did with this set. The luminaries are my favorite.

Emily said...

So cute LOVE how you used it in your scrap page!

Brenda said...

Love what you did with this set. Everything is gorgeous. TFS

Anonymous said...

All your projects are EXCELLENT! My favorite is Beauty & the Beast. I was lucky enough to win this set at convention. It was not on my wish list - but you just changed my mind with the non traditional use! I need to start thinking outside of the box. Thanks for the inspiration! Linda U-TX

Unknown said...

Love all your projects! Now I'm excited to start creating for Halloween. :-)

prsd4tim2 said...

I'm not a Halloween lover, but your cards are so cute. Love the Beauty and the Beast scrapbook page. Super fun! Thanks for sharing!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Really cute projects Heidi! The card with the belly band reminded me of a voting booth where all you see are the feet. love it!

Unknown said...

Heidi, your projects ROCK! I'm going to be using this set for my Halloween scrapbook swap, and I'm feeling SO inspired right now! I was thinking I really didn't need another Halloween set, but decided to get this one with my next order - you've cinched that idea now!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow! I love all of your projects! They are all beautiful :) And the scrapbook page is sheer genius!

Sarah said...

WOW Heidi - love em all - and now I'm so excited I got this set for one of my SAB freebies - fabulous work :-)

Angie (fingers inky girl) said...

Cool projects with this set, Heidi! I never seem to do much for Halloween since we don't really celebrate it here, but I can't wait to get it now, these projects are just too cute to pass it up!

HeathersHobby said...

These are so cute, Heidi! I love all of the versatility.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

WOW! Amazing projects Heidi!! (TFS the convention one too because I hadn't seen it!)

Curt in Indy said...

I am a Halloween fanatic and your cards and project is fantastic. What a wonderful job you did with these great images! Very impressive! Best, Curt

Melissa said...

Wow, Heidi! Your projects are all Wicked Cool!! :)

Valerie K said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the candelabra card and the witchy invite card! I practically dropped my jaw when I saw them! Definitely Wicked Cool!!