Thursday, December 14, 2017

OnStage Display Board Application

Occasionally Stampin' Up! requests submissions for display board stampers for upcoming events.  I will be attending the OnStage local event in Hartford, CT, and it's always great fun to play with new product.  So I thought I'd pull a blog post together showing off some recent favorites, and something new at the end too!

Greeting Cards:

When the Holiday Catalog came out, I went right to the warm coffee images of Coffee Cafe, using CAS Colours & Sketches #325.  You can almost taste the liquid gold!

Stampin' Up Merry Cafe
Once the Holiday Catalog arrives, the Annual Catalog gets tossed aside.  So I dedicated some quality time playing with Pieces & Patterns, using the sketch from TGIF Challenge #116.  I love the bubbly background and these playful images!

I wanted to put the images from Seaside Shore in a fish bowl, but what if you don't have a stamp image?  No problem!  Make your own with some circle framelits. The ombre sheets from Color Theory DSP are good for backgrounds, as well as stamping directly onto it in order to get images with a gradient of color (used for yellow tang fish).

Stampin' Up Seaside Shore

Three-Dimensional Projects:

Here is a couple different flavors of a quick and easy teacher or neighbor gifts.  These little packages can hold a couple Starbucks VIA coffee packets or a fun-sized candy bar.  Why are the smaller sized candies fun?  I don't get it!  But I digress...

My daughter gave the Wood Words ones out to her class when we moved (to our new farm) and switched schools, tucking in her contact information.  Perfect for a farm theme.  She didn't hand out coffee to school children - that would be rude!  :)

Using the Envelope Punch Board, start with a 5 x 5" piece of card stock, punch and score at 2". Rotate CCW, and punch and score at 3". Repeat again on the last two sides at 2" and 3". 

After playing around with the shadow box concept, I applied it to create a "book box" for teachers gifts. I was impressed with how sturdy these came out. 

Following the instructions used for the first shadow box, I altered the measurements by starting with a 8-1/2 x 10-3/8" piece of Very Vanilla card stock, and I scored every 5/8".  The card stock cover is 5-3/4 x 8-1/8", scored at 3-3/4" from either end.

stampin' up shadow book box
stampin' up shadow book box

Scrapbook Page:

My favorite scrapbook pages are 6 x 6", focusing on one photo.  And I really love the buffalo check pattern.  I had my mom make me buffalo check flannel sheets when I was a teenager.  I thought that paper would be great with a pop of pink.

Using the upcoming Occasions catalog item Picture Perfect Paper Ribbon as inspiration, I created my own custom color with Flirty Flamingo card stock and a sewing machine. Isn't that fun?

Stamps: Words of Truth; Paper: Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Whisper White, Merry Little Christmas DSP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Iridescent Sequin Assortment, Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Quilt Builder Framelits, Big Shot, Sewing Machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

So, what do you think? Any good??

No comments: