Sunday, June 18, 2017

SSC155 Watercolored Lilacs

Welcome to another Sunday Stamps Sunday!  This week is a color challenge, and since it has been cool in New York lately, I still have spring on the mind.

I battled for a while with watercoloring the background with Sahara Sand.  With browns, even light browns, you never know what is going to happen.  I got some interesting red and gray hues separating out, and not in a pretty way.  With a lot of reworking & heat drying, I was able to salvage the watercolor pieces.

Stampin' Up Blossoms Abound
For the lilac bundles, I spritzed the inked stamp with water before stamping on paper, in order to get some blending.  This is also a good way to get the image to fill in a bit on the rougher watercolor paper surface.

Stampin' Up Blossoms Abound
For this color challenge, use a minimum of 3 colors and a neutral of your choice.

Stamps: Blossoms Abound, A Happy Thing; Paper: Watercolor Paper; Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray; Accessories: Epic Day Washi Tape, Watercolor Brush, Corner Rounder Punch, Sewing Machine, Thread.

7 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wooww Heidi
I love the technique you did
this looks like you painted the fruit
Love love the effect
and love the way you used the color combo
Adorable colors all on your card
see you on my strawberry card teamie
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Heidi
I would be so glad if you joining our challenge at Creative with Stamps
we have this month Fruit challenge
http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.de/2017/06/cws-challenge-15-fruit.html
Its my challenge and Lilian :)
maybe see you there on our gallery Heidi
you can win the prize too sweety :) SMILE
hugs
Monika (again)

Teresa Kline said...

pretty card heidi! hope you have a wonderful week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Heidi, this is gorgeous! I love lilacs and this card made me smile! Such a wonderful use of the color combo! Have a great week! XX

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful Heidi! Love the soft image and the colors are perfect. Great sentiment too! :)

Annette Elliott said...

Loved reading about your creations steps...you just never know what you will end up with- that's why I love it so much. Your cards turned out beautiful!

Tee said...

Love the effect! Beautiful card!