Friday, May 29, 2015

Stampin' Addicts New In Colors Blog Hop

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts New In Colors Blog Hop!  How exciting to welcome some new colors to our collection!  As a beginner stamper, I focused on stamp images.  But now days, it is all about the color, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this year's.  Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy the yummy color tour.

If you have been following the blog hop in order, you have just come from Tanya's blog featuring Mint Macaron. Weren't her projects fabulous?  For my stop on this blog hop, I am highlighting the new In Color Tip Top Taupe.

When I chose Tip Top Taupe as a featured color, I thought about monochromatic projects.  In order to get a good feel for the new colors, and which colors might go together, I just sat down and started watercoloring some images.  Watercoloring is so relaxing for me, but I digress.  Here's what I came up with -

Here, of course, it is not about color combinations but rather coloring layer upon layer to get some good shadows and highlights on the image.  Not to mention watercoloring doesn't have to be perfect.  :)  NOTE: Stamp image Pleasant Poppies is retiring and only available through June 2.

Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (retiring); Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Watercolor paper, Cherry on Top DSP; Ink: Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe, Black Stazon; Accessories: Tip Top Taupe lace trim, Aquapainter, Sewing machine, Thread.

I've always wanted to make a flapper dress with the Fringe scissors.  I grabbed a dress silhouette image off the internet and layered from there.

This card uses Retro Sketches #165.

Stamps: Dotty Angles, Celebrate Today; Paper: Crumb Cake, Tip Top Taupe, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Cherry on Top DSP; Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Crumb Cake, Encore Gold (retiring); Accessories: Pearl jewels, Watercolor brush.

Speaking of color combinations, let's try mixing it up a bit.  Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon makes me think sunflowers.

This card uses Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #267.

Stamps: Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Bohemian Borders, Flower Patch, Sprinkles of Life; Paper: Delightful Dijon, Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe, Bohemian DSP, Watercolor paper; Ink: Delightful Dijon, Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe; Accessories: Pansy punch, Petite Petals punch, Aquapainter, Flower Fair framelits, Big Shot.

I'm including a work-in-progress to illustrate how fun Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron are together.

Did you ever have a focal point for which the right layout has not come along yet? That's what's happening here.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Rhonda at The Stampin' Bunny put together with Watermelon Wonder.  She always has fun projects!

 

10 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Super-great cards, Heidi! The taupe poppies are so unique and beautiful! And that flapper dress......what a fun, fun design!!!! The dotted background and pearl necklace take this one right over the top! Outstanding!!!!

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous projects, Heidi! That flapper dress is too cute! And the ice cream looks scrumptious!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous cards!!! Can't wait to see the finished melty mint ice cream project.

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, wow! What a fantastic array of projects! I already loved Tip Top Taupe, but you have, yet again, expanded the creative vision :)

Donna said...

Your cards are all beautiful; but I'm really loving your flapper dress! Adorable! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects. I love them all the flapper dress way to cute and thanks for the idea for all the wonderful ideas :)

Unknown said...

Very Nice! Love your flapper dress card. I will be "borrowing" that idea.

Twila said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi! So soft looking. While I really love the first card, the last with the mint chocolate chip ice cream cone I think has won me over. Looks good enough to it. Great work!

Twila said...

But wait I really love the flapper dress too. lol

Twila said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi! So soft looking. While I really love the first card, the last with the mint chocolate chip ice cream cone I think has won me over. Looks good enough to it. Great work! But wait I really love the flapper dress too. lol Reposting again, because I didn't do the spam test. Sorry if it's a double post.