Friday, September 12, 2014

FM177 Fall Hello

Today is my turn to host the Friday Mashup challenge, and this challenge is courtesy of my 7-year-old daughter.  I asked her to help me create a challenge, along with a sketch, and this is what she came up with.

Sketch by: Janneke 
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  • Create a project using the "Sketch". 
  • Create a project with "Leaves".
  • or Mash it Up! and create a project with "Leaves using the Sketch".
Feel free to interpret the shapes with what you have on hand, and also keep the background clean or add strips of patterned paper - crafter's choice!  Can't wait to see what you create!

For my card, I also played along with Mix-Ability challenge #60, The Printed Word, and Dare to Get Dirty DTGD14CassieT.

I masked off the background, colored with watercoloring, and stamped the background image.  The trick is to use lots of water and dry in between colors.  I love how the colors blend together!

Stamps: Four You, Dictionary BG; Paper: Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP, Watercolor paper; Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Memento Jet Black; Accessories: Burlap ribbon, Watercolor brush, Painter's tape, Sponge, Autumn Accents die, Big Shot.

1 comment:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Tell your daughter thanks for a great challenge! Your card is so cool, Heidi. Love the autumn colors behind the newsprint leaf.