Friday, August 29, 2014

FM175 Gnome Sweet Gnome

This week Lisa brings us animals and shaker cards on the Friday Mashup. How much you wanna bet she is going to stamp a moose? ;)  So, for my card, the discussion goes something like this:
  • Me: "Do you think a gnome is an animal?  What kind of creature is it?  Is a troll an animal?"
  • Little Missy: "A troll is half human, half monster, which is kinda a mean animal.  And a gnome is like a nice troll.  So I guess it could be an animal."
Ha, so there you have it!  Gnomes coming at ya!

Now, I have to tell you, Missy has been bugging me to try the Blendabilities.  She can be little heavy on the pressure, so I have been more than reluctant.  But she wore me down, and so I gave her a shot at coloring the scene (with me watching her like a hawk).  She did a great job, didn't she?

Once the background scene was done, I added a card stock frame, cut-up pieces of shaker frames, and a window sheet.  Confetti consisted of Old Olive card stock cut with Fringe scissors, patterned paper flower punch-outs, and In Color sequins.

My parents just moved to Florida, and before leaving, Mom gave Missy her garden gnomes.  I guess this is a scene of my parents skipping through their new garden.  ;)

Here's your Mashup Challenge:

  • Create a Project using "Animals". 
  • Create a "Shaker card" project.
  • or Mash it up! and create a "Shaker Card with an Animal".
Stamps: Gnome Sweet Gnome; Paper; Old Olive, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Quatrefancy DSP, Delicate Dots DSP; Ink: Soft Sky, Memento Jet Black, Blendabilities markers; Accessories: In Color Sequin assortment, Early Espresso baker's twine, Window sheet, Shaker frames, Aquapainter, Fringe scissors, Itty Bitty punch pack, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, e-cutter, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals; Font: 1942 Report.

The time has finally arrived for the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog!  Time to make your Halloween preparations and start dreaming of the perfect Christmas card.  Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/catalogs/2014-2015/Holiday_Catalog/HolidayCatalog_0714_US.pdf
Click to download a copy

3 comments:

Natalie said...

How totally adorable and brilliant!

Lisa said...

Ok, as I went to your page the first thing I saw was the moose comment and I totally burst out laughing! Guilty as charged :)

This is a fantastic scene and yes, Little Missy did a superb job coloring! And not only do you have the gnomes but you've got the frog there also, so animal portion covered :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Ha, I love the justification for gnomes being animals ;) I miss this set so much, so great to see it used again (she did a great job colouring!)