Friday, August 22, 2014

FM174 Sending Good Thoughts Watercolor

Holly has this week's Friday Mashup challenge, bokeh!  I was all excited when I saw this challenge.

Alas, I followed the linked tutorial, and my bokeh effect did not come out too spectacularly.  But I forged ahead.  It did soften up the background, but either my watercoloring isn't dark enough or my craft ink doesn't come out opaque enough.  You decide. 

Wow, I bought the Perfect Pennants bundle at the tail end of the Occasions catalog, and I have reached for it several times since.  Who knew that it was such a fun set?

Here's your Mashup Challenge:

  • Create a project with the "Bokeh Technique".  Link to technique here.
  • Create a project with "Die Cuts".
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Bokeh project using a Die Cut".
Stamps: Perfect Pennants; Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor paper, Gold Foil sheet; Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White craft; Accessories: Watercolor brush, Sponge dauber, Homemade circle die-cut template, Banners framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

4 comments:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Heidi, this turned out so lovely! The softness is so pretty. I like the sticking and loose thread embellishment, too!

Cindi said...

I love this color combo!

Tara Bourgoin said...

I think it came out great! The colours are gorgeous.

Christyne said...

I think it looks fantastic!! I'm playing with colours now, and will try your combo too. :)