Friday, March 7, 2014

Stampin' Addicts Hidden Treasures Blog Hop


Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Hidden Treasures Blog Hop! Today a group of us demonstrators will bring you a selection of items available, but not found in the current catalogs. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy a tour of Stampin' Up's hidden gems. If you have been following the blog hop in order, you have just come from Mary's blog featuring the masculine set Dude, You're Welcome! Weren't her projects fun?

Today I am reviewing the Circle Card Thinlits die.  This and the Label Card Thinlit swing card dies have been around since last summer.  I've used my Label Card die for stamp club, but this one wasn't even open.  Doh!  Time to challenge myself to come up with something new.

I created a warm-up card using Lyssa Zwolanek's Easy Porthole Flip Card tutorial.

The sentiment was printed using My Digital Studio, and the four-leaf clovers resulted from combining MDS and an e-cutter.  The rainbow watercolor wash background is a piece I had from making next week's Friday Mashup card.  I will have more info on that in an upcoming post.  This card is also for Mix-Ability challenge #44, Hang Ups, incorporate a hanging element on your project.

Stamps: Positively Chevron BG; Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Primrose Petals; Accessories: Gold Sequin trim, Rhinestone jewels, White baker's twine,  Clear embossing powder, Stampin' Spritzer, Aquapainter, Circle Card thinlits, Circle Collection framelits, Big Shot; MDS Elements: Lucky Framable designer kit.

You may have also seen the MDS hybrid spinner card I posted for MDS Monday.

If you try one, be careful!  They are addicting!

So I tried to think of some out-of-the-box projects using the Circle Card shape.  I thought a camera-shaped card would be cute.

I'm hoping this looks like a camera.  I was going on and on about the lens size and color to my husband, and he confesses he didn't realize it was a camera.  Sigh.

For this card, start with a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2" base, and thread the card stock through the die so you don't lose any length of the card base.

I tried to use several of the "supporting" framelits in this set.  I created my own heart chipboard by cutting a couple thin chipboard pieces and paper, gluing them together, sanding, and sponging.  Fun!

Stamps: Hip Notes; Paper: Old Olive, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Et Cetera DSP, Silver Foil, Vellum, Chipboard; Ink: Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar; Accessories: Rhinestone jewel, Sponge, Circle punches, Corner Rounder punch, Circle Collection framelits, Circle Card thinlit, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

One day the die and I are staring at each other.  Honestly, there has got to be a 3-D project that you can make with this die.  Think, think, think.  I was thinking about a bag with a circular handle... maybe a carpet bag?

This animal print paper looks like fabric to me, hence my choice for the carpet bag.  I started with an 11-1/4" square piece and scored at 3-3/4" on each side.  From there, follow the Tiny Triangle Box tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for rest of the score lines.

After cutting a 1-7/8" circle out of each center to create the handles, the die-cuts are glued to the inside flaps of the "bag".  The unique part of using the Circle Card die is it creates a flap that you can fold over the handles to close the bag.

Paper: Summer Starfruit, Sweet Sorbet DSP; Accessories: Antique brad, Circles Collection framelits, Circle Card thinlit, Big Shot.

There just isn't enough time to create all the ideas I came up with.  You could try a step card, glue several die-cuts together for a mini album, even use a die-cut as a pull-out for a This & That page.  Such fun options for this little die!

If you aren't yet a member of Stampin' Addicts, you can sign up here.  Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Yapha at Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha put together with the fun photopolymer stamp set Map It Out. She's made some amazing projects.











The complete blog hop listing:

1) Yapha -- Map It Out Photopolymer Stamp Set
2) Mary (nuhhdad) -- PhotoPolymer Countless Sayings
3) Tanya (Tanya27) -- Eye-Catching Ikat
4) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Envelope Punch Board
5) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Hip Hip Hooray card kit
6) Mary (MaryR) -- Dude, You're Welcome
7) Heidi (hlw966) -- Circle Thinlits die

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Holy cow! You came up with some pretty awesome out-of-the-box ideas for this die and you didn't even have a whole lot of time to put this together! That carpet bag is genius, btw :)

Yapha Mason said...

Oh my word, these are amazing!! Love the porthole, of course, but that camera and purse are AMAZING!! Clearly I need to play with this more.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love the bag. Your cards are great also. As usual such great project from you Heidi.

MaryR said...

what a variety of great projects with this die - I love love love the you're my sunshine card

Debbi said...

Wow, some great ideas here! You are so clever and creative.

Twila said...

Wohoo! What a great assortment of projects. How in the world did you ever figure out how to make that little carpet bag. Super cute as are all of your projects! Great job!