Tuesday, April 9, 2013

SUOC68 Monochromatic Ombre

Today's a bittersweet day... my last challenge as part of the design team at SUO Challenges.  I've had a fabulous time with the team, but after 2-1/4 years, it is time for me to move on to new things.  Today we have a monochromatic color challenge.

I've found myself clicking on quite a few cards by Chris Smith on Splitcoaststampers recently.  The ombre challenge on SCS intrigued me, and I found a really lovely one by Chris.  Here's my take.

While I was making this card, I was wondering around the house yelling, "OMBRE."  I think I might be driving my husband insane.  :)  I colored the flowers with one of my favorite techniques for this set, reinker spreader.

Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Bloomin' Marvelous; Paper: Whisper White, Shimmery White; Ink: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse, Tempting Turquoise reinker, Pacific Point reinker, Black Stazon;  Accessories: SAB button, Pool Party baker's twine, Sponges, Aquapainter, Stampin' Spritzer, Post-It Notes, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

What a gorgeous effect the 'ombre' is on a card. Just love it, esp. with these cool blues.

Kay Hahn Casler said...

Heidi, you make the most beautiful cards! I love this, especially the colors. Thank you. We haven't communicated for March - uh oh!

Anonymous said...

I admired your card when it was first posted on the challenge blog but though it reminded ME of the the card I did awhile back, I had no idea when I'd clicked through today to read it's story I'd find a link back to mine. I'm very honored that you would find inspiration in my work and am in awe of the dreamy watercolor look you achieved in your beautiful rendition.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color - love the smooth transition across the bottom. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work over the years!