Thursday, April 11, 2013

Graduation Spring Card

I made the graduation spring card last April as part of the Friday Mashup, and I received a lot of questions on how to make it.  I thought it would be a good card to use for my first stamping video.  Well, I didn't stamp on video, so let's call it paper crafting video (scroll to bottom).  For those who like PDF instructions, the spring card fold can be found here.

Recall I used black linen paper from the Taste of Textiles Specialty paper pack for the cap (check out the nice texture of the paper), text paper for the rolled diploma, colored a 5/8" brad with a sharpie, and created the tassel from crochet thread.

The backside of the cap has a space for a personal message,


and the card folds flat for mailing.


Stamps: Word Play, Something to Celebrate; Paper: So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, Taste of Textiles Specialty DSP, First Edition DSP;  Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: Basic Black taffeta ribbon, 5/8" brad, Black Sharpie, Crochet thread, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kathy Anthony said...

Thanks Heidi, love the details you used on this card and appreciate the time you took to make a video!