Friday, November 30, 2012

FM87 Sparkly Gift

This week on the Friday Mashup, we are playing along with Lisa's challenge.

Photo Source
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using "the inspiration photo".
  2. Or Make a "Gift project". 
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "project for a gift using the inspiration photo above".
I swear, you would think I was a rookie paper crafter today.  What a disaster!  I think I had to redo everything at least two times.  Why have I become so impatient, rushing ahead and having to unglue again and again?  Is it that little 5-year-old babbling in my ear constantly?  My head hurts, and my fingers too from rubbing away many dimensionals.  Anyway, here's what I finally managed to finish.


That's me... can't just make a card or a box... have to make both.  Geez, I'm cranky!  We'll see if I come back and rewrite this diatribe tomorrow.

Ok, just the details, you whiner (I know that's what you are thinking)!  I thought a card shaped like a gift would be fun.  And more fun if it was a slide-out pocket card.

I did emboss the paper with the Stripes embossing folder, which didn't show up too well.

I've wanted to make this origami gift box for years, ever since I started stamping.  'Bout time, eh?

I originally saw the box here.  I'm unsure if it was the original source.  I did end up using a free tutorial online, although I ended up making alterations, and there was a measurement error in it (sigh).  You can search 'origami gift box' to find one.  I suggest you practice on scrap paper first, and not your last piece of 12x12" Soft Sky card stock (eek!).

Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer; Accessories: White Organza ribbon, Silver elastic cord, Stripes EF, Snowflake #2 die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Just beautiful, Heidi! So sparkly and elegant. And yup, I hate "do-overs", too! We can all sympathize.

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is gorgeous Heidi!! What a fabulous job. And I'm still laughing at your post! haha... Sometimes it's not as "fun" as you think it should be ;)

Amanda Corbet said...

I love your card and matching box Heidi! They are just gorgeous in every way. What a beautiful way to give a gift!

hollybeary creations said...

Oh how I wish I would of keep this snowflake die now.. It looks great in that Glimmer paper. This set came out great.. all your hard work payed off.

Lisa said...

Looking at this you'd never know it gave you a hard time Heidi...simply stunning. I just love the big snowflakes and how you made the card look like a gift! Thats originally what I planned on doing and I totally spaced it LOL

Amy White said...

Beautiful card and gift project! Love that sparkly snowflake with the soft blue - you captured the inspiration photo perfectly!

Aileen said...

So soft and delicate just like your snowflake. x

Lili said...

Soft colors and very elegant project Heidi!The snowflake looks great on the box.
Hugs ;)