Saturday, October 27, 2012

HYCCT What's Your Style?

Another Hope You Can Cling To challenge on Splitcoaststampers, this time it is Lydia's challenge, to create a project that reflects your style.  I love getting back to what brought me into crafts in the first place, using items from nature to create a project.  I'm also very much a clean & simple kind of girl.  Here I went into the yard and collected a few leaves, pressed them between pages of a book overnight, and "stamped" with them.


I used a brayer to apply craft ink onto them, and then I brayered then inked leaf onto card stock.

Stamps: Perfectly Penned; Paper: White; Ink: Certainly Celery craft, Brocade Blue craft, Bashful Blue craft, Marina Mist, Marina Mist marker, Old Olive marker; Accessories: Baker's twine, Color Spritzer Tool, Brayer, Leaves.

Here is another version using the same leaves.  Here I dried and flatten my leaves again, and then used them as a mask, similar to a fabulous card by Karen Dunbrook.


This was my first time using the Stampin' Spritzer (pg. 179 of the main catalog).  I mixed 4 drops of reinker with water.  I learned that you don't want to spritz to the point of pooling the water, as the colors will bleed and blend.  I love it!

Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts; Paper: White; Ink: Cherry Cobbler reinker, More Mustard reinker, Early Espresso marker; Accessories: Early Espresso baker's twine, Stampin' Spritzer, Color Spritzer Tool, Leaves.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

As I commented on SCS, I just love these - especially the colors in the first one!