Friday, September 7, 2012

FM75 Sew, It's Time for Back-To-School?

This week we have a back-to-school themed challenge on the Friday Mashup.

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Back to School" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with "Sewing".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Back to School project with Sewing".

Sewing?  Well, you don't have to tell me twice!


I love this trend I've been seeing of adding dimension to a focal point by folding and adhering layers.  Sewing the center is just the neatest way to accomplish this, and I think I'll try to do it more.

This card was inspired by a cute apple project by Danielle Flanders, and I used Clean&Simple layout #175.

Stamps: Loving Thoughts; Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White, Orchard Harvest DSP, Naturals Composition Specialty DSP, Just Eat Cake DSP, Newsprint DSP; Ink: Raspberry Ripple; Accessories: Pearl jewel, Spiral punch, Argyle EF, Cannery Set framelits, Petal Cone die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this card Heidi, and I really like how you incorporated the sewing, it looks great!

Tara Bourgoin said...

So sweet Heidi! I love the layered apples with the sewing. That strip of letters from the Just Add Cake DSP is perfect for this card :)

Rita W said...

Love this, Heidi! The sewing is PERFECT and adds such a fun touch. I wish I had a clue how to thread the machine I had, but I wouldn't know what to do with it even if I got that far!

Amy White said...

Oh Heidi this is so cute! Love how you used the newsprint for one of the apples - and the way you've added dimension by using two layers and sewing them together looks so pretty!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love how you've used sewing to create the 3D apples!

Amanda Corbet said...

Lovely layered and apples!