Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Candy Button!

Haha, I made a candy button!  There is a cute example of a candy button, using a stamp image and a real button, on page 49 of the new catalog.  I had to give it a try.

Not perfect, but it came out pretty cute.  It is almost yummy enough to eat... which is really where my love for colors, paper, and stamping comes from.  Yummy to look at, just like candy!

I used Clean&Simple layout #191. 

Edit to add:  I started with Tombo liquid glue to get the stamped image on the button.  I cut little slits around the entire circumference and folded the paper behind the button.  To top it off, I used Mod Podge, which dries with a matte finish.  It takes a little bit of fiddling to get the little cut tabs to fold back.  And be careful with Mod Podge and reddish ink... it will bleed.  I just pounced with a sponge brush.

Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet, Something Sweet (retiring May 31); Paper: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Just Eat Cake DSP; Ink: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso; Accessories: White baker's twine, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Bitty Banners framelits, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Marla said...

I love your candy button! Are you sharing how you made it? It's new to me, and I'd love to learn! Thank you!