Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SUOC40 The Color Green

Today's challenge on Stampin' Up Only Challenges, we are focusing on the color green. Today was my first quilled card. Easy and fun, especially when you have the right tools!

I used Clean&Simple sketch #179.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White; Ink: Garden Green; Accessories: Quilling tool, Simply Scored, Tombo multipurpose adhesive, Dimensionals.

I've told you before, I've turned my daughter into a decorating monster. As soon as Valentine's was over, she started bugging me for some "Saint Patrick's" decorations.
Me: How we were going to make it?
Little Missy: Just punch some paper with your Saint Patrick's punch, and put them on a string.
Me: We don't have a Saint Patrick's punch.
Little Missy: Oh.
While it was a snow day, and she was napping, i.e. it was quiet, I surprised her by making some St. Patrick's decor for her.

I folded some DSP twice so it was four layers thick, centered the point of a heart from the Hearts Collection framelits on the folded corner, and ran it through the Big Shot. Then I ran a bunch of them through the sewing machine.

Thank for stopping by!

2 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Cute decs, Heidi ~ love those strings, and the gorgeous paper quilling card. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great quilling sample. The shamrock is a good shape to showcase this technique Heidi.