Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Split Negative

At our recent technique class, we created a Split Negative project for the advanced technique. I've been wanting to create this card for a long time with my ladies. It's such a classic, masculine card.

The hardest part here is to get both sides of the image to line up. I used the oak tree from Lovely as a Tree set, which is more forgiving for this technique. The card was inspired by 'hgrohs' on Splitcoaststampers.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Sincere Salutations; Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark; Accessories: White embossing powder, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, White Baker's Twine.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

hollybeary creations said...

Oh Wow this is so pretty.. I haven't seen this technique in forever.. It's a classic that really should be used more. I love the Brown and White together.